The Society for American City and Regional Planning History (SACRPH) is pleased to announce its 19th National Conference on all aspects of urban, regional, and community planning history and their relationship to urban and metropolitan studies. The conference will be held in multiple formats, including: virtual presentations on Thursday, October 20, 2022; in-person tours on Friday, October 21; and in-person presentations on Saturday, October 22. It will also include a hybrid keynote on Thursday night. All Saturday events will take place in Harlem, at the Bernard and Anne Spitzer School of Architecture on the historic campus of The City College of New York.
Registration is now open for SACRPH 2022. Early Registration ends September 6.
The conference includes tours, plenaries, paper sessions, roundtables, a book exhibit, and more. The Program Committee and Local Arrangements Committee have put together an exciting set of events, including:
- Nearly a dozen virtual paper sessions and roundtables (Thursday afternoon)
- A hybrid keynote address: Paul Farber, “After Permanence” (Thursday evening)
- Nine tours of Harlem, the Bronx, Washington Heights, and the Municipal Archives (Friday)
- Over 30 in-person paper sessions and roundtables (Saturday)
- Lunch and plenary session, with presidential address (Saturday)
- Graduate student mentoring sessions
- Book exhibit
- Awards reception (Saturday)
Thanks goes to the Program Committee and Local Arrangements Committee members for all their work. We look forward to seeing you, whether virtually or in Harlem!
SACRPH 2022 Program Committee Co-Chairs: Francesca Ammon and Brian Goldstein
SACRPH 2022 Local Arrangements Co-Chairs: Aaron Shkuda and Gabrielle Esperdy
SACRPH President: Marta Gutman